The NAD C356BEE is the latest in NAD’s range of affordable, yet very high performance Integrated Stereo Amplifiers and builds on the strengths of their highly acclaimed C352 - Winner of What Hi-Fi Amplifier-of-the-Year and the Hi-Fi Choice Gold Award among many others.
The C356BEE boasts many upgrades and refinements taken directly from the highly acclaimed NAD Masters Series M3 Amplifier. These include the application of Bjorn Erik Edvardsen’s innovative and patented Distortion Canceling Circuit in the output stage and BEE Clamp in the power supply. An improved tone control circuit and revised PCB layout has reduced distortion and noise to unprecedented levels. Taken together, these improvements mark a sharp upturn in performance that simply must be heard, to be fully appreciated!
The NAD C356BEE integrated Stereo Amplifier packs a lot more punch than you might expect from its so-called 50-Watt-per-channel power rating. That's because the power rating is both conservative and based on a continous basis, not a short FTC rating as used by mass market brands. It's advanced technology also contributes to a dynamic and lively performance.
The C356BEE offers enough line-level inputs to connect seven audio components; plus a front panel iPod input and Headphone socket. There is also a simple remote-control. Separate preamp input/line-level output jacks let you use the C326BEE as an independent Power Amplifier or Preamp for future system expansion. Two separate line-level outputs let you easily add a powered Subwoofer which is a rare inclusion on this type of Amplifier.
The NAD C356BEE offers high-end performance in an affordable package and for many there will never be a need for another amplifier. Add a NAD C545BEE or C585BEE CD Player, some good interconnecting cables and the right speakers and your in business to sit back and enjoy the pleasures of great music.
Additional Recommended Research
Our store founder has had over 40 years in what we call “The Hi-Fi Business”. In his article “A Matter of Subjectivity”he draws on some of his experiences over this period and his observations will help all consumers looking for that ‘perfect’ solution when it comes to purchasing a new hi-fi system.
- Design: Stereo Integrated Amplifier.
- Power Output: 80 x 2 Watts Continuous Power into 4 ohms and 8 ohms.
- 100 Watts, 150 Watts IHF Dynamic power into 8 and 4 ohms respectively.
- PowerDrive™ circuit.
- Holmgren Toroidal Power transformer.
- Output Stage: All discrete circuitry utilising Class A gain modules.
- Short signal path from input to output.
- Relay Input Switching.
- RCA Line-level inputs: 7 including one tape in/out.
- Front panel input: 1 x 3.5mm for attaching portable MP3 (iPod) Player.
- Headphone socket: Enjoy private listening via front panel input.
- Input sockets: All Gold plated.
- Tone Controls: Rotary bass & treble controls with defeat switch for purer sound.
- Main-Amp input & Pre-amp outputs.
- Speaker Connections: Heavy duty binding post speaker connectors suit bare wire or Banana Plugs.
- Soft Clipping™ circuit.
- IR Input/Output.
- 12 volt trigger out.
- Power Cable: Detachable IEC power cable can be upgraded.
- Power Input: 230-240Volts/50Hz.
- <1W Standby Power Consumption.
- Environmentally Friendly: Free of lead and other dangerous substances.
- Remote Control: NAD SR 8 full system remote operates other NAD equipment .
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 435 x 100 x 286mm.
- Weight: 6.9kg
- Warranty: 2-Years - Full no-cost exchange for faulty unit within 30 days; thereafter repair/replacement but buyer responsible for return to Audio Trends or service agent. We will pay for return shipping costs for under warranty items. No Fault Found is charged at $30 plus all freight costs.
Note: All Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.