B&W M-1 (Matte Black)
2 Way Vented Box System
Nautilus Tube Loaded Tweeter With Aluminium Dome
Woven Glass Fibre Cone Bass/Midrange
Price is for a Single Speaker
The M-1 loudspeakers can be used on their own, with a subwoofer in a 2.1 system, or as part of one of our Mini Theatre Systems.
From the inside out, the M-1 was conceived as a unified system. Its design has evolved in a totally integrated way, from the custom-made crossover to the two-piece clamshell cabinet.
And now, following a complete technological overhaul, including all-new drive units designed in-house, it sounds better than ever. Dispersion has increased. Imaging is pin-point accurate. Performance is now full range. In fact, the improvement is such that a single pair of M-1s could happily take on the role of your dedicated stereo speakers.
The speaker’s versatility allows it to adapt perfectly to any home environment, no matter how awkward the space. You can put the M-1 on a bookshelf. Or mount it on a wall. Or position it on its own floor-length stand. It can even swivel to a horizontal position, for when you want to use one as a centre channel speaker. Available in a choice of Matte Black or Matte White finishes, its clamshell cabinet is formed from just two interlocking, continuously curving sections. It all adds up to stunning sound, whatever you are listening to.
Forming the basis of a completely revised Mini Theatre concept, the new M-1 combines a cleaner aesthetic with dramatically improved performance. Combine it with either the ASW608, ASW610 or the new PV1D subwoofer to create a home theatre experience with superb integration and impressive power for such a discreet system. Plus, its more extended bass response allows M-1 to be used on its own for two-channel applications.
Main Features & Specifications
- Technical Features: Nautilus™ tube loaded tweeter with aluminium dome
- Woven glass fibre cone bass / midrange
- Description: 2-way vented-box system
- Drive Units:
- 1x 25mm (1in) aluminium dome high-frequency
- 1x 100mm (4in) woven glass fibre cone bass/midrange
- Frequency Range: -6dB at 55Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency Response: 64Hz - 23kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Dispersion: Within 2dB of reference response
- Horizontal: over 60º arc
- Vertical: over 10º arc
- Sensitivity: 85dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic Distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 120Hz - 30kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω (minimum 4.0Ω)
- Crossover Frequency: 4kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20W - 100W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Recommended Cable Impedance: 0.1Ω
- Dimensions(W X H X D): 114 x 248 x 162mm
- Table Stands and Wall Brackets Included
- Weight: 2.3kg each
- Colour: Matte Black (also available in Matte White)
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 5-Years (Covers faulty workmanship and materials, but not abuse).
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE