Cambridge AXA25 Stereo System
This is a perfect first 'true' hi-fi system that is based on solid European design principles and delivers great sound from the bass-reflex speakers.
Includes a belt-drive turntable, a punchy 25 Watts per channel output amplifier and all cables
Have you been collecting LPs for a little while now? Are you looking to start a new hi-fi system from scratch, but are limited by both space and dollars? Then, we encourage you to look at this system carefully. Our Cambridge Audio AXA25 complete stereo system puts sound first, so you can forget those mass-market brands and all-in-one systems with all their bells and whistles because at the price, great sound simply doesn’t get better than this neat, compact package.
Let's start by checking over the Cambridge Audio AXA25 stereo amplifier. Inside you’ll find quality components and short signal paths for the best sound quality in its class. Careful circuit design reduces the signal path, giving higher purity sound and less distortion. Other quality engineering components include a high-spec heat sink that is die-cast rather than pressed steel and a damped power supply – reducing the chance of annoying transformer hum and buzz.
All The Features You Need: Although Cambridge Audio hasn’t wasted money on gimmicks, the AXA25 still has all the basic features you need. Balance, Bass and Treble controls let you tailor the sound to your preference, without overly distorting it as EQ presets can do. Tone controls are very helpful with some LPs that may lack a bit in the way of dynamics. There are also a wide range of inputs so you can add things like CD players and music streamers.
Plenty of Inputs – Including One At The Front: There are also a wide range of inputs so you can add things like CD players, music streamers, games console and of course the turntable! There’s also a 3.5mm AUX input at the front that’s handy for temporary connections – such as an MP3 player or smartphone. The audio output lets you take a signal out to an external processor or recorder.
Power Your Music Player Or Bluetooth Receiver: Next to the audio inputs you’ll also find a handy USB power socket. This is perfect for powering Bluetooth receivers or smart audio streaming devices, such as the Google Chromecast Audio, without having to find another spare mains socket.
Pro-Ject Primary E Phono Turntable
With a well-crafted, classic design, the ProJect Primary E Phono belt-drive turntable offers the kind of build quality usually associated with more expensive models. However, don't think this means a complicated process. True, setting up a turntable can be a time-consuming process, but the ProJect Primary E Phono saves you the hassle as everything is factory set right out-of-the-box. No worries of balancing your tonearm, installing a counterweight and anti-skate weights because it's all done so that you can quickly and easily get straight into playing your records.
Simple Speed Control: Play both 33rpm & 45rpm records with the simple manual speed control. Simply switch the drive belt onto the pulley suitable for your records.
Ortofon Cartridge: With a pre-fitted cartridge made by Ortofon, the leading name in turntable cartridges, the Primary E Phono has the warmth and precision to reveal new details in your favourite records, and the delicate touch to keep your records sounding great play after play. Replacement styli are readily available if you should ever need one which should be about every 600 hours.
In The News: "Pro-Ject has revised a budget deck ... and has succeeded on every front. The Primary E confidently nails the basics, from an even tonal balance to a delivery that’s clear and clean and spacious enough to keep things coherent. It is sensitive to the sullenness of the band’s instrumentals, demonstrating levels of detail and precision that are more than passable in the company of budget amplification and speakers." - What Hi-Fi Magazine
Cambridge SX50 Compact Speakers
Designed using a 'sound first' principle, the Cambridge Audio SX50 speakers are all about the music; pure and simple. A silk dome tweeter gives the ideal combination of crisp detail with a smooth refined sound - the ideal compliment for many budget amplifiers. Matching this is a custom-designed woofer with a treated paper cone. Although this might sound basic, the material helps give the SX50 speakers a fast, responsive sound quality with excellent bass timing. For a well balanced bass, even at lower volume levels, the SX50 speakers are rear ported.
The rear cable terminals are also gold-plated for a lower resistance connection. They are also colour-coded (black/red) to distinguish between positive and negative. This is important as it keeps the speakers "in-phase" which simply makes them sound better. Ideally the speakers and listening position should be located equal distances apart. The tweeters should also be placed at near ear level. In addition, the speaker should be positioned at least 50mm (2") away from the back or side walls and more if possible. When placed on a shelf or very close to a wall, the bass is usually "boomy" and bloated - not really ideal. However, the included foam inserts will reduce or dampen the bass output when inserted into the rear speaker ports. They can also be moved partially in and out until you get the desired effect. The loudspeakers include 8 self-adhesive foam-feet (4 each) to place on the underside of the speakers and so minimise any damage to your shelf, table, bench, or desk.
Pre-Terminated Speaker Cable Included: Yes, this system is truly complete with 2 x 1.5 metre lengths of QED 79 speaker cable. The QED brand has been sold world-wide for over 40 years. In fact they started around about the same time we did. Audio Trends has probably sold enough 79 strand cable to go to the moon and back - well it seems that way! It is a really good quality cable with fairly neutral sound character and at a reasonable price. To make it easy to connect to the amplifier and speakers, our service department solders Deltron (black/red) banana plugs to all ends making the system truly plug-n-play.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Complete System including stereo amplifier; turntable; speakers and cables
- Amplifier: Cambridge Audio AXA25 stereo amplifier
- Power Output: 2 x 25 Watts (into 8 Ohms)
- Frequency response (-3dB): 5Hz - 50kHz
- Bass/Treble controls: Boost/cut +/- 10dB @ 100Hz and 10kHz
- Line-Level Inputs: 4 x stereo pair RCA
- Line-Level Outputs: 1 x stereo pair RCA - can be used for subwoofer
- Rear USB: For products like Google Chromecast
- Headphone Jack: Full size 6.35mm
- Speaker Connections: Accept bare wire or banana plugs (supplied)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 430 x 83 x 340mm
- Net Weight: 5.1kg
- Project Primary E Phono turntable
- Design: Manual, belt-drive with outside perimeter synchronous motor
- Belt:Silicon belt with optimum damping
- Tonearm: 8.6” aluminium tonearm
- Counterweight: Pre-set
- Anti-skate Weight: Pre-set anti-skate weight
- Bushing: Stainless steel and bronze
- Phono Preamp: Built-in
- Cartridge: Ortofon OM-5S Moving Magnet (MM) cartridge included
- Cables: High quality 1200mm RCA phono cable with grounding spades (to connect to amplifier)
- Platter: 300mm MDF with felt mat
- Plinth: Composite fibre construction
- Hinged Dustcover/Lid: Included
- Feet: Vibration absorbing feet
- Finish: Black. Also available in White - please phone to order White
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 420 x 112 x 330mm (Lid down)
- Net Weight: 4kg
- Cambridge Audio SX50 speakers
- Design: Compact 2-Driver, 2-Way compact bookshelf speaker - can also be mounted on stands (sold separately)
- High Frequency Driver: 1 x 25mm (1") silk dome tweeter to combine smooth sound with high levels of detail and efficiency
- Mid/Bass Driver: 1 x 135mm (5.25") treated paper cone to provide a smooth and even frequency response
- Foam Damper: Dedicated foam damper behind tweeter diaphragm reduces reflections and deepens stage depth
- Crossover: Optimised crossovers for neutral, smooth and phase linear response
- Bass Reflex Port: One Rear
- Sensitivity: 87 dB
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Cabinet: Rigid MDF cabinet modelled using CAD so that the speaker dimensions minimise standing waves
- Finish: Matte Black
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 161 x 225 x 240mm
- Net Weight: 3.0kg each
- Speaker Cable: 2 x 1.5 metre QED 79 Strand speaker cable
- Banana Plugs: All speaker cable ends will be terminated with high-quality (black/red) Deltron UK banana plugs
- Delivery: Free Delivery
- Manufacturer's Warranty: Cambridge and Pro-Ject 2 Years - not including stylus or misuse.
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE CD player (as illustrated above) sold separately