Denon DRA800H Receiver; Cambridge S322 Speakers
This gorgeous Denon Receiver and matching Cambridge Audio speakers is perfect if you want all the best features and sound without the hassle of a surround sound system. All cables are included.
Ready to upgrade your amp and speakers? Are you the sort of person who desires to enjoy genuine hi-fi sound quality but still demand discrete style? Then we invite you to take a look at our ground-breaking Denon and Cambridge Audio 2.1 system! This is a powerful combination and has a number of unique features. Please read on but be sure to read our summary of what you can expect.
About Denon DRA800H Receiver; Cambridge S322 Speakers
Let's take a closer look at the Denon DRA-800H. With this two-channel (stereo) Hi-Fi network receiver you can not only enjoy the latest digital music streaming options, but also all your favourite analogue sources including vinyl records, CD's and cassette tapes! The other point-of-difference is that the DRA-800H also supports 4K UHD on 5 HDMI inputs, so you can connect your Blu-ray player and TV to enjoy a premium stereo listening experience on anything you wish.
Featuring advanced custom amplifier design and a strong power supply, the DRA-800H ensures the Cambridge speakers will deliver detailed, precise imaging and impactful sound. With the latest wireless music streaming technologies (Wi-Fi, AirPlay 2, Bluetooth and HEOS Built-in), the DRA-800H integrates seamlessly with your TV, and any of your preferred music formats. Enjoy network streaming and USB front-panel audio playback of MP3, WAV, FLAC, ALAC and DSD (2.8/5.6MHz) files. Equipped with A/B speaker terminals, dual subwoofer pre-outs, three digital and two analogue inputs, one phono (MM) input and ARC for TV audio, the DRA-800H delivers a premium stereo listening experience without going to an all-out 5.1 or bigger system. There is no provision for any rear surround effects speakers and this is just what a lot of folk want. You are probably one of them. Maybe you're renting, have a small room or simply don't want the hassle of a lot of extra cabling. If so, then this combination needs your serious consideration.
High-Performance Discrete Amplifier
Featuring a custom discrete high-current power amplifier, symmetrical design and an OFC (oxygen-free copper) winding power transformer, the DRA-800H delivers maximum performance and 100 Watts of power per channel. With low impedance drive capability, it offers greater stability for balanced, quality sound, every time. Auto ECO mode helps reduce power consumption, without sacrificing audio quality. Denon sound engineers have carefully selected quality parts, including custom resistors and audio grade capacitors, to "tune" the stereo receiver to their standards. Using the design principles found in Denon award-winning amplifiers, the DRA-800H features a symmetrical layout, double differential DAC circuit and analogue preamp circuits that don’t interfere with the power supply. The dedicated circuitry with its short, straight paths between the power supply, signal and amplification ensure your loudspeakers drive detailed and precise imaging.
Music Sources: Enjoy a wide array of music streaming service including Spotify free and premium, Deezer, Tidal, Amazon Music and many more. Explore the world of internet radio with Tunein and enjoy distortion free radio from all over the globe. Experience superb audio fidelity with your favourite high-resolution audio tracks. The DRA-800H with AKM 32-bit D/A converters features high-resolution audio decoding with multiple lossless file types, including ALAC, FLAC and WAV at up to 24-bit/196-kHz. It’s also compatible with 2.8/5.6-MHz DSD files (DSD is the audio coding format of SACD). Play them from memory devices via the front panel USB, or over network sources. The DRA-800H also supports other file types such as MP3 and WMA. And if that's not enough, you can connect a second pair of speakers to extend the system to a second room and listen to a different source in Zone 2 via pre-outs. Sounds tricky, but is really very easy and of course we are happy to explain this further.
Latest HDMI Specs With ARC: The DRA-800H features 5 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output — that support full 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Colour sub sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR10), Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG), ARC, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support for exceptional colour, clarity and contrast. Audio Return Channel (ARC) support enables the transmission of audio directly from the smart TV to the receiver through the connected HDMI cable.
Advanced Video Controls: HDCP 2.3 processing is available on all HDMI ports, letting you enjoy copy-protected content totally uninhibited. Enjoy seamless compatibility with the latest HD and Ultra HD TVs, Blu-ray players and game consoles.
Easy Setup & Control
The DRA-800H stereo receiver can be the heart of your wireless network. For Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and AirPlay 2 wireless streaming connectivity, the Denon DRA-800H is equipped with an advanced dual antenna transceiver system for robust streaming even in congested urban environments. Enjoy listening to your favourite audio content wirelessly from your smart devices.
With HEOS Built-in technology play the same song in every room or select a different song for each connected room — the choice is yours. HEOS works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, providing effortless voice control. HEOS supports free and premium Spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer, Tunein, Sound Cloud, Tidal and more.
Quick Select: The Denon DRA-800H front panel features four Quick Select buttons that store your preferred audio settings for each source. Switch between TV audio, Blu-ray, media players and more, and the DRA-800H adjusts the EQ settings to your preferences for that media source. Use the buttons on the front panel or opt for the same Quick Select on the receiver remote for faster control. Now allows for one-push all zone stereo mode via Quick Select.
Low Latency Mode: Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) ensures Xbox One users have a more responsive and immersive gaming experience when connected with select TV models that also support ALLM.
Voice Assistants: Enjoy effortless voice control and total flexibility from the leading voice services. Using a smart speaker or your phone, speak commands with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple Siri. Ask to play your favourite music, turn the volume up, skip to the next track, switch inputs and more. Switch between voice services or pick a favourite to use — the choice is yours. Functionality varies by voice agent.
Google Assistant: Start music in the HEOS app, then ask your Google Assistant to control volume, play, pause, skip tracks and more.
Apple Siri: Use AirPlay 2 to stream music wirelessly to the AV receiver, or group with other AirPlay compatible speakers to fill your home with music. Stream audio from your favourite music services like Apple Music and Spotify or watch videos from services like YouTube and Netflix from any iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple TV and hear the audio perfectly synced to your speakers AirPlay 2 sources. AirPlay 2 also supports multi-room audio – wirelessly stream content to multiple AirPlay 2 compatible devices simultaneously with improved audio buffering to ensure smooth audio playback. AirPlay 2 provides control and grouping of compatible audio devices within the Apple Music or Home app. Use AirPlay 2 in-app or with your voice via Siri.
Cambridge Audio 2.1 Speaker System
Cambridge Audio's S322 system will put you right in the heart of your favourite movies and shows — without over crowding your home with big black boxes. You'll be amazed by the accuracy, detail, and realism from the two satellite speakers that measure just 154mm high and 85mm deep. The matching 300 Watt subwoofer measures less than a cubic foot, delivering awesome bass without eating into your living space. Whether you're looking to maximise your music or movie experience the Minx S322 is waiting to reveal what you've been missing.
BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) Technology: Using twin, BMR drive units, the MIN22 satellite speakers completely rewrite the rulebook of what's possible from miniature speakers thanks to BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) technology that combines the advantages of both flat panel and conventional speakers. BMR drivers use a flat speaker surface that combines the traditional "pistonic" movement of speaker cones with a "bending-wave" movement to create sound. This means that, unlike most other small speakers, the MIN22 satellite speakers with their extremely rigid and acoustically damped cabinets are truly dynamic and won't turn harsh or brittle when the music or film action gets intense. At twice the size of the MIN12 speakers, the MIN22's give an even fuller sound with wider coverage making them ideal for larger spaces. Of course the design team in London has spent a lot of time getting the sound just right.
The Minx MIN22's latest 4th generation BMR driver features more rigid construction than previous designs for even better dispersion. That extra-wide dispersion means you can put your speakers where you want and still enjoy deep, spacious stereo or surround sound throughout your entire room. This makes Minx Min speakers ideal for room layouts where your speaker placement options are less than optimal. The new BMR driver also features a larger magnet structure for greater efficiency, and increased driver excursion (2.2mm - 4mm) for better integration with a subwoofer, and richer sound. Along with the new BMR, the MIN22 incorporates a custom, dedicated woofer for further improvement to the bass handling
X301 Subwoofer: Next up comes the hugely impressive Subwoofer. It may be the "mama-bear" in the range, but don't underestimate the power of the X301! Like the other Minx subs, the X301 Subwoofer uses unique Cambridge technology to produce a bass response that is both powerful and tuneful.
At the heart of the X301 beats Cambridge Audio's sophisticated DSP (Digital Signal Processor). When combined with the digital amplifier, this provides exceptional bass from a rather small subwoofer well beyond expectations. To maximise this advantage the bass cones are constructed of one-piece, aerospace grade aluminium. Configured with a single, powered 202mm (8") cone and a passive 202mm (8") cone, the X301 uses technology never before available at this price range. Compared to the more conventional bass ports you get a greatly enhanced bass response with far more detail and control.
Although compact, the X301 packs a mighty 300 Watts from its active amplifier and offers gain, phase and crossover control for full integration with the speakers. Finished in special, scratch-resistant, premium automotive gloss black paint, the Minx System 322 is the perfect match for many TVs and small audio systems. Prepare to be impressed! Click here to read more about the X301 Subwoofer.
Speaker Wire Binding Posts: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN22 satellite speakers are equipped with a pair of binding post terminals that accept bare-wire and spade-connectors. These terminals can be "removed" to allow use of banana plugs - see Video Extra. The terminals are colour-coded (black/red) to distinguish between positive and negative.
Mounting Options: Rather than designing your living space around your AV system, the Cambridge Audio Minx allows you the freedom to do the reverse. As impressive as the big sound is, the fact that it comes from such a compact casing is astounding. For added convenience there's a wide range of stands and brackets available for a small additional cost. The compact Minx MIN22 satellites can be mounted to your wall with wall mount brackets, placed on stylish aluminium table top stands, or one or two pair of full size floor stands - whichever way you mount it, the MIN22's virtually "disappear" in the room. You can mix and match by adding more Minx MIN22's or smaller Minx MIN12 speakers to create an even more engaging multi-channel system.
In The News
If you're in any doubt about the quality of this system then take a look at what the reviewers have been saying. "Well, Bose is about to get a sound thrashing from the British boys at Cambridge Audio, whose brand-new Minx (with MIN10's) is even smaller than Acoustimass - especially the subwoofer - and simply better. Much, much better." Jonathan Margolis, Financial Times. And "To say we were impressed is gross understatement." T3Magazine
If you've just waded through all the features listed above (and maybe even below) then you'll already have realised that the Denon DRA-800H Stereo Receiver is jam-packed with almost every conceivable feature to enjoy all your favourite music tracks. Features are one thing but we're all about the sound and with 100 Watts per channel you're going to have more than enough power for the Cambridge Audio Minx speaker system and used sensibly you will enjoy clean, clear sound. Another thing we do like is the Network capabilities of the Denon DRA-800H. Radio is still a popular means of entertainment whether that be your favourite talk-back or a music orientated station. Listening via the Internet eliminates all the problems associated with both AM and FM transmissions and gives you access to tens of thousands of stations world-wide although you still have a built-in FM and DAB+ Tuner if you have access to these stations. The other great feature is the ability to connect your TV and Blu-ray player thus using the Cambridge Minx speaker system for all your audio needs.
Cambridge Audio's Minx system has earned enormous praise both in the press and with consumers and especially in its price sector. Although compact, the X301 Subwoofer packs a mighty 300 Watts from its active amplifier and offers full control and integration with the satellite speakers. The Minx MIN22 Satellites again are not just another tiny speaker. They sound really good. Finished in special, scratch-resistant, premium automotive gloss black paint, the Minx System 322 is the perfect match for many TVs and small, simple audio setups. Prepare to be impressed because this system delivers pinpoint accuracy and is bursting with detail right up to high volume levels.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Stereo Network Receiver with FM/DAB+ Tuner
- Power Output: 2 x 100 Watts RMS into 8 ohms (20-20kHz) at 0.08% THD
- Wi-Fi: Built-in dual-band Wi-Fi for music streaming over your wireless home network
- Internet Radio: Listen to 1000's of radio stations world-wide
- Bluetooth: Enjoy wireless streaming audio from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- Apple AirPlay 2: Stream your music from an iPhone or iPad
- Bluetooth Transmitter Mode: Wireless stream your music to compatible headphones and speakers (via future firmware update)
- USB: Front-panel USB input for playing music from an iPod or USB memory device
- Hi-Res Music: Plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- Streaming Services: Spotify Connect, Tidal, Deezer, Amazon Prime Music and more
- Lossy Formats Supported: MP3 / WMA / AAC
- Lossless Formats Supported: DSD / FLAC HD 192/24 / ALAC 96/24 / WAV 192/24
- Gapless Playback: Yes
- Voice Commands: Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Siri for hands-free voice control
- Multi-Room: Built-in HEOS technology for wireless whole-home audio
- Tone Controls: Yes
- HDMI 2.0a audio/video switching: 5 x inputs, 1 x output
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR 10 and HLG (Dolby Vision™ not supported)
- ARC (Audio Return Channel) receives digital audio signals from the TV's tuner or "smart" content via HDMI
- Optical Digital Inputs: 2
- Coaxial Digital Input: 1
- Front Panel USB Type A Input: 1
- Line-Level Inputs: 2 pair stereo RCA inputs
- Phono Input: Compatible with Moving Magnet (MM) cartridges
- Preamp Outputs: Connect the Cambridge Audio X301 powered subwoofer for deep bass
- Ethernet Port: Connect to your router for a superior hard-wired network connection
- Headphone Jack: Full size socket on the front panel
- Speaker Outputs: Connect up to 4 speakers (two pair)
- Speaker Wire Terminals: Accept bare wire or banana plugs (included)
- Auto Power Off: Yes
- Hand-Held Remote Control: Yes
- Free app: IOS and Android
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 434 x 151 x 339
- Weight: 8.6 kg
- Design: 2.1 Speaker System With Active/Powered Subwoofer
- Power Handling: Recommended amplifier power: 50-120 Watts RMS (2 Channels driven)
- Frequency Response: 31Hz-20kHz
- Finish: Scratch-resistant high-gloss lacquer
- Minx MIN22 Satellite Speakers
- Design: Balanced Mode Radiator driver technology creates a wide soundstage
- Drivers: Dual 57mm BMR drivers, 1 full range, 1 woofer
- Magnets: Ultra-compact push-pull Neodymium magnets
- Enclosure: Acoustically damped thermo-polymer and extruded aluminium cabinet
- Terminals: Removable binding post type - once removed the 4mm Banana plugs can be inserted
- Speaker Connectors: Included
- Mounting Options: Basic keyhole slot wall mounting bracket included. Screw holes for use with optional swivel wall-mounting bracket, adjustable floor stand, or aluminium table top stand
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 78 x 154 x 85mm
- Net Weight: 750 grams each
- Cambridge Audio Minx X301 Subwoofer
- Amplifier: 300 Watt RMS digital amplifier
- Drivers: 200mm front-firing woofer and an 200mm passive radiator
- Cones: Single-piece, aerospace-grade aluminium cones move air with incredible efficiency
- Variable Crossover: Continuously variable 50-200Hz
- DSP: Specially designed DSP (Digital Signal Processor) for big bass from a small enclosure
- Phase Control: Adjustable
- Connectivity: Line-level inputs and outputs
- Economy Mode: Auto on/off mode
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 266 x 311 x 278mm
- Nett Weight: 7.5kg
- Speaker Cable: 2 x 3 metres QED Profile 42 fitted with Deltron Banana plugs on all ends
- Subwoofer Cable: 1 x 4 metre Wireworld Stream subwoofer cable
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 3 years on Denon DRA-800H; 2 years on Cambridge Audio Speakers and Subwoofer - does not include misuse.
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE. Does not include accessories; the TV or furniture in the illustration.