Garrott Brothers P77i Cartridge
Australian Designed Moving Magnet Cartridge
Garrott MicroScanner II Gem Quality, Grain-Oriented Parabolic Diamond Stylus
Easy DIY Installation
Beginning in the late 1970s, the Garrott Brothers started producing a highly distinguished line of MM cartridges that is even more popular than ever.
Vinyl enthusiasts with long memories will remember the Garrott Brothers and their excellent line of phono cartridges which were based on the Decca designs from the UK. The company met a sudden end with the sad death of its two principals in 1992, but has since been reorganized by one of their most passionate devotee's and so it is truly delightful to see their phono cartridges available once again.
In order to understand how the Garrott P-77i gives such unique sound quality you need to know something about its special design features. Until now, it has been generally considered impossible to harmoniously combine the best features of the 3 major types of stereo cartridge design - that is, moving magnet (MM), moving coil (MC), and variable reluctance (Decca type). The Garrott P-77i has achieved the impossible!
Garrott Brothers P77i Features & Benefits
- Specially designed critical acoustic damping to control unwanted resonances thereby giving a warmth and musicality of sound not previously possible.
- A suspension of unusual accuracy, to extract groove signals with utmost fidelity.
- Special "low Q" dual-tube alloy cantilever of great rigidity to minimise transmission losses.
- Custom designed Garrott MicroScanner II Gem Quality, Grain-Oriented Parabolic Diamond Stylus for super-accurate groove tracing and treble control, with the bonus of unusually low surface noise (excellent signal to noise ratio).
- Special magnetic circuit to give unusually delicate positional information and "sound stage" and exceptional channel separation.
- High-output coils to eliminate need for costly, sound degrading step-up devices.
- Individual fine-tuning under Garrott microscopes to give the mid-range sound projection so far found only in the Decca variable magnetic reluctance design
As a result of all the above new design features, the Garrott P-77i gives you the dynamics of moving coil cartridges but without the typical MC brittle treble and "listening fatigue". The P-77i has a smooth, easy-listening sound for which the best MM cartridges are noted plus the realistic, clear mid-range for which Decca cartridges are renowned, but without the lack of warmth encountered with that design.
You can purchase this item excluding Australian GST (Sales Tax) via our PayPal account. Standard post (10-14 days) costs an additional A$25; Express post (3-5 days) costs an additional A$35-A$50. Please send an email to [email protected] stating model number and preferred postage option and we will process via PayPal.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Moving Magnet Stereo Cartridge
- Stylus: Garrott MicroScanner II Gem Quality, Grain-Oriented Parabolic Diamond Stylus
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20Khz +/- 2dB
- Channel Separation: 25dB (typical) @ 1KHz
- Compliance: Med. 18 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Output Voltage: High output type 4mV @ 3.54cm/sec
- Input Impedance: 47k
- Tonearm Compatibility: Suits traditional 1/2" mount
- Tracking Force: 1.8 Grams
- Weight: 5.8 Grams
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 12 months
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE