NAD C268 Power Amplifier
Use The C268 As A Standard Power Amp In A Stereo System, To Power Music Zones In Your Multi-Room Audio System, Bi-Amp Stereo Speakers, Or Add Surround Channels To Your Home Theatre System
Power Output Is A Conservative 80 Watts RMS Per Channel In Stereo, 300 Watts in Mono Configuration
The NAD C268, a new affordable stereo amplifier designed for multiple applications. Among some of the most common uses, the C268 can be used in a traditional setup with a preamplifier, for bi-amping loudspeakers or as a slave amp.
NAD has moved away from the old-fashioned power-hungry linear power supplies and Class AB output stages that waste nearly half of the energy consumed and produce heat rather than sound. Instead, NAD has developed even better performing circuits based on switch mode power supplies and Class D output stages. Once thought to be inferior to traditional topologies, this new Hybrid Digital Amplifier design is very linear over a wide bandwidth and provides consistent performance into all speaker loads, providing a dramatic advancement over previous Class AB and Class D amplifier designs.
- Customised Hypex UcD Output Stage: The C268 stereo power amplifier uses a customized version of the proven Hypex UcD output stage operating in a fully balanced bridge configuration. This allows for massive power with nearly un-measurable distortion and noise in the audible range. Every detail of this design has been carefully planned and perfectly executed to deliver every last drop of performance.
- PowerDrive Technology: The power supply of the C268 is capable of nearly 200 Watts continuously and over 500 Watts instantaneously, allowing for short term musical transients. NAD's innovative asymmetrical PowerDrive fully utilises every last watt available with its vast reserves of dynamic power available to accurately reproduce the most demanding music without distortion or compression. It can also operate with 240 Volt AC mains voltage and provides pure DC power to all the various stages of the C268. This highly efficient supply also provides near perfect regulation of voltage across a wide range of conditions and provides a solid noise-free foundation for the amplifying stages.
Full Disclosure Power (FDP): NAD uses Full Disclosure Power (FDP), the most demanding criterion for performance measurement. FDP specifies distortion under the most extreme conditions of low impedance loads and frequency extremes, rather than the simple and easy 1kHz @ 8 Ohms test quoted by many of other manufactures. NAD uses this stricter performance criterion because it more closely matches the demands of real music and real loudspeakers. Maintaining specified distortion at both 4/8 Ohms and at 20-20kHz is a much more difficult achievement. The benefit of NAD's Full Disclosure Power is the total elimination of audible distortion at any listening level. This provides pinpoint imaging and realism with music and movies alike.
Auto Turn-on: The C268 can be turned on automatically one of two ways; +12 volt trigger from another component or by sensing an input signal. The automatic function can also be turned off so the amp is turned on/off manually using the front panel switch.
Line Inputs: The line inputs, both Balanced and Single-ended, can accommodate all kinds of analogue source components by offering ideal input impedance characteristics with linear ultralow-noise buffer amplifiers to prevent any sonic degradation caused by inappropriate loading of the source device. These are all details you can hear.
While its versatility sets it apart, the audio performance of C268 stereo power amplifier is very much in line with the rest of NAD's Classic Series. The power supply features a custom toroidal transformer that minimizes noise and helps to control unwanted speaker cone movement. In the absence of background noise, the subtle details of your music emerge, enriching your listening experience. Designed for multiple stereo setups, the C 268 can be used in a variety of scenarios, including traditional stacks with a preamplifier or for bi-amping your favourite loudspeakers. The NAD C268 is even bridgeable, seamlessly transforming its bountiful stereo output of 80 watts per channel to an outstanding 300 Watts. Although the C268 may appear to be a straightforward power amplifier, this Classic Series amp is brimming with rich features that will elevate your system.
Main Features & Specifications
- Power Output: 80 Watts x 2 channels into 4/8 Ohms (20-20kHz) at 0.03% THD
- Bridged Mode Output: 300 Watts x 1 channel into 4/8 Ohms (20-20kHz) at 0.03% THD
- Design: Class D Asymmetrical PowerDrive amplifier design
- Bi-Amp: Perfect for bi-amping stereo speakers, adding surround channels to a home theater system or powering music zones in a multi-room audio system
- Low Impedance Drive: 4 Ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 110 dB
- Sensing Input: 12-volt trigger/signal sensing input
- Preamp Inputs: XLR and RCA preamp inputs
- Speaker Terminals: Custom gold-plated speaker binding posts
- Line-Level Outputs: One set of stereo RCA inputs
- Power Consumption: 270 Watts
- Power Cord: Detachable AC power cord that can be easily upgraded
- Standby Power Consumption: Less than 0.5 Watt
- Enviromentally Friendly: Free of lead and other environmentally dangerous substances
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 435 x 100 x 390 mm
- Nett Weight: 7.3kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE