Naim NAC202 Preamplifier
Premium Analogue Preamplifier; Six Line Level Inputs
Power Supply Upgrade Option; AV Home Theatre Pass-Through
Designed & Made In England
The Naim NAC202 is a premium Preamplifier designed to match the NAP200 Power Amplifier. It combines input flexibility with the sound quality and pace, rhythm and timing Naim products are famous for. "This is a brillinat combination of elegance, performance and features. At the same time, the ability of this system - and, most importantly, its sound - is beyond question" Hi-Fi Choice
The Naim NAC 202 combines first-class sound quality with flexibility, style and excellent value. Significant improvements in technology led to an entirely new range using new high quality star-earthed circuit boards, combining the classic Naim values of musicality and power with flexibility and value. The Naim NAC 202 may either be powered by a NAP 155 XS or NAP 200 amplifier or significantly upgraded by adding Naim power supplies to independently feed the analogue audio and digital control circuits.
Input Flexibility: The six inputs on the Naim NAC 202 can be selected directly from either the front panel or with the NARCOM system remote. In addition to the usual DIN inputs, preferred for their superior earthing and impedance matching, two of the inputs can be configured for use with the more common RCA phono connectors, allowing a wide range of non-Naim cables and components to be used. A dedicated unity-gain input is also provided for use with the Naim AV2 processor or similar.
- Six line-level inputs including two user-configurable versatile (DIN / phono) inputs.
- User configurable unity-gain AV input.
- Powered input for use with StageLine or Prefix phono stage.
- Full infrared remote control. - RC5 input for wired remote control in complex installations.
- Optional RS232 input/output for use in full home automation systems.
- Upgradeable with both analogue (FlatCap XS, Hi-Cap, Super-Cap) and digital (NAPSC) power supplies.
Low-resonance circuit boards and anti-vibration, resonance controlling feet minimise the effect of microphonic vibration on the highly sensitive electronic components.
Carefully matched precision rotary potentiometers with precious metal wipers are used to preserve musical integrity and ensure long-term stability. The intelligent balance control combines a high quality motorised potentiometer for the best performance with intelligent circuitry to indicate the centre position.
The NAC 202 features a silent microprocessor that sleeps during listening and controls all aspects of the amplifier including: protection circuits that continuously monitor the power supplies ensuring safe shut down in the event of a power cut; user-configurable 'Smart IR' remote control for simple easy and control of the Naim system.
The NAC 202 introduces a new level of technical and musical performance, along with elegant new styling.
Main Features & Specifications
- Analogue Inputs 4 x DIN, 2 x DIN, RCA
- Input Sensitivity 75mV
- Input Impedance 47kΩ
- Other Inputs AV input configurable for unity gain
- Analogue Outputs 2 x variable (DIN), 1 x fixed (RCA)
- Line Outputs Fixed (level) 75mV, 600Ω
- Line Outputs Variable (level) 775mV
- Output Impedance <50Ω
- Minimum Load Impedance 10kΩ
- Power Outputs Naim phono amplifier
- Power Supply NAPSC
- Infra Red RC5
- Remote Input RCA on rear (RC5)
- RS232 optional (DE9 female)
- Supply Voltage 24V
- Power Supply Options NAP 155 XS, NAP 200, FlatCap XS, HiCap, SuperCap
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 87 x 432 x 314mm
- Nett Weight 7.0kg
- Front Brushed and black anodised
- Case Black powder coated
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years.
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE