Naim Nait 5si Stereo Amplifier
2 x 60 Watts per Channel @ 8 Ohms
2 x 90 Watts per Channel @ 4 Ohms
Headphone Amplifier With Full Size Front Socket
Designed & Made In England
The NAIT 5si establishes a new entry-level reference point for natural musical reproduction, flexibility and reliability.
The NAIT 5si is Naim's 60 Watts per channel introduction to high-performance integrated amplification. Another Naim Audio amplifier that can claim a common heritage with the classic NAIT model, the NAIT 5si will get straight to the heart of your music. It engages even the most complex rhythms and demanding dynamics with all the grip and authority you would expect from Naim. Its clever Home Theatre bypass mode, which facilitates an easy co-existence of otherwise distinct Home Theatre and Hi-Fi systems, simply adds to its appeal. This means you can enjoy your music via the '5si and your main speakers but still enjoy a movie with a compatible Receiver.
Decades have passed, but the role of the NAIT 5si is fundamentally the same as its original forebear. So the engineering challenge - to maximise performance whilst maintaining engineering efficiency, quality and reliability - hasn't changed. Amplifier technology has moved on considerably however, and while the NAIT 5si occupies the same position in the Naim range as the original NAIT, its performance might be from a different world.
The NAIT 5si provides four analogue inputs and a 60 Watt per channel amplification. It features a new headphone amplifier and borrows numerous technologies from across the spectrum of Naim products; all dedicated towards maximising its ability to communicate the fundamentals of music. And communicate it does. The NAIT 5si brings clarity, engaging dynamics and, most of all, infectious enthusiasm to every music source and genre.
This is Naim’s starting point for their range of integrated amplifiers. Boasting 60 Watts per channel, that’s “Naim” watts, it will outperform lots of other amplifiers quoting more power. It’s a great little amplifier that will match up with many of our speakers, Wharfedale, Richter and B&W to name but a few. It is important to get the same quality in the amplifier as in the speakers, this is a popular choice when looking for amplifiers around this price.
As with all Naim amplifiers, the clarity in the music and the separation between instruments is superb, allowing you to sit back and simply enjoy the music. Pace, rhythm and timing have always been at the forefront in the Naim signature sound and this is no exception with tight controlled bass and a sweet open midrange and top end. One of the first thing you can appreciate when you look at any of the Naim range is that the built quality is second to none and these products are made to last.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Audiophile quality stereo amplifier
- Power Output: 2 x 60 Watts RMS @ 8 Ohms; 2 x 90 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms
- Analogue Inputs: 2 x DIN/RCA pair, 2 x RCA
- Phono Input: Via Naim Phono Amplifier (sold separately). StageLine or SuperLine recommended
- Front Panel: Volume control and front panel buttons
- Home Theatre Bypass Mode: For simple connection to an existing AV system
- Transformer: Custom-designed toroidal transformer with two separate windings
- Headphone Jack: 1 x 6.35mm
- Headphone Amplifier: High-quality Class-A headphone amplifier
- Speaker Terminals: Stereo pair require banana plugs. Naim speaker cable and plugs highly recommended
- Remote Control: Infra-Red (RC 5)
- Front Panel: Brushed and black anodised aluminium
- Case: Black powder coated aluminium
- Mains Power Supply: 230V; 50Hz
- Power Consumption (quiescent): 19VA
- Power Consumption (maximum): 300VA
- Power Cord: Upgradeable to something better
- Place Of Origin: Designed and built in England
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 432 x 70 x 314mm - plus allow 100mm or more for cables
- Nett Weight: 6.4kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years.
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.