Naim Fraim Bespoke Stand
High-End Audio Rack.
4 Timber Shelves Plus Base.
Customisable With Different Heights Between Shelves.
Made In England.
Optimum system component installation is a vital consideration for hi-fi performance and Naim's Fraim provides both an appropriately engineered and beautiful-looking solution to equipment support.
The Naim Audio Fraim system support provides an ideal environment for Naim and other high end audio equipment to achieve its full potential performance.
The Fraim consists of levels that are placed one upon another and which can be added or completely changed in configuration as the equipment is upgraded. Levels can be quickly assembled and, because each stand interface is a tripod, making it self-levelling, there are no adjustments needed to remove rocking or vibration. The stand will remain in perfect adjustment over time.
The inter-level cup and cone interfaces and the triple-action ball decouplers underneath the equipment shelves minimise the effect of microphonics on the sensitive electronic assemblies inside the equipment. A double base level and stainless steel floor spikes further decouple the system from the ground.
Materials including custom-manufactured stainless steel, toughened glass and custom extruded aluminium contribute to the Fraim's strength and beneficial effect on sound quality. The shelf spacing of the Fraim has been designed to minimise magnetic field interactions between the equipment, and non-ferrous materials have been used wherever possible to further reduce magnetic effects.
Options: There are different options of layer height, upright colour and shelf finish, and extra levels can be added very easily. Fraim and FraimLite shelving level uprights are available in either black or natural anodised finish. Three different lengths – standard, medium and tall – are available to accommodate the different heights of Naim components from i series to the NAP500. Fraim and FraimLite shelving panels are available in ash, cherry and black ash real wood veneers.
Main Features & Specifications
- Three-point foundation – The tripod structure needs no adjustment over time, reduces vibration and prevents movement.
- Floor spikes – Stainless steel floor spikes support the entire system whilst minimising contact with the ground and allow for precise levelling
- Minimum contact interfaces – Inter-level cup and cone interfaces and (in the case of the reference Fraim) ball bearing minimal contact interface – all minimise microphony.
- Spacing –Shelf spacing minimises the magnetic field interaction of supported electronics.
- Uprights – Made deliberately wide to assist in the decoupling process.
- Material Selection – Stainless steel, hardened aluminium, toughened glass and custom-shaped wooden panels all selected through listening tests for their positive effect on sound quality.
- Glass sub-shelf and ball bearings – 10mm toughened glass selected from listening tests. Rests on ball bearing minimal contact interface to further decouple shelving level.
- Double base layer – Two base layers, as opposed to the FraimLite single base layer, with two sets of three cone and cup interfaces decouple the shelving levels from the ground.
Summary: Don't hesitate to call our in-house Naim Audio expert Andrew Coles for a price on the combo that suits your needs. He has been selling and updating Naim Audio gear since 2003 so has a very good grasp of all things Naim Audio.