Naim NAP200 DR Power Amplifier
Powerhouse 70 Watts per Channel; 430VA Mains Transformer!
New Discrete Regulator Technology; Perfect With the Naim NAC 202 Preamp
Designed & Made In England
The NAP 200 70 Watt Power Amplifier has enough power to drive even the most difficult loudspeaker loads and makes an ideal match for the NAC 202 Preamplifier.
First designed by Naim Audio founder Julian Vereker in 1971, the NAP 200 has Naim Audio musicality written into its DNA. As Naim's first production amplifier, no single product encapsulates their philosophy better. Its design is simple and uncompromising, with a single-minded focus on one thing: creating an enduring musical connection with the listener.
More recently the NAP 200 has benefitted from the years of research that went into the NAP 500 amplifier. Many of the developments from the 500 Series project have helped to revitalise its electronic design and componentry bringing significant and hard-earned gains to performance. Beneath this new technology however, it retains the values which helped to make it an icon: simplicity, focus and sheer musicality.
New Discrete Regulator Technology: The NAP 200 has been revitalised and was reintroduced in 2015 with the addition of a Naim Audio DR (Discrete Regulator) module to power its partnered Naim Audio preamplifier. This comes alongside small improvements to some internal componentry and layout that combine to lift its musical performance even further than the original.
Technical Detail: Like the flagship NAP 500, the NAP 200 uses a new circuit design with improved earthing arrangements built on a very high quality, anti-resonance main audio circuit board. Anti-vibration, resonance-controlling feet serve to protect the sensitive internal components from resonance and microphonic vibration.
A new, top-quality 430VA toroidal transformer provides more than 300VA of transient power. Separate windings provide dedicated left and right channel rectified power supplies with two smoothing capacitors per channel. The NAP 200 also has a separate winding providing a preamplifier power supply. This enables the NAP 200 to be used in a two-box amplifier configuration with a Naim preamplifier such as the NAC 202. The Naim NAP 200 is stable into any load and can drive a 2-ohm load for long periods of time.
In The News
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Stereo Power Amplifier
- Power Output: 70 Watts per channel, 8Ω
- Frequency Response: -3dB at 3Hz - 50kHz
- Transformer: Large custom-designed transformer delivers 300VA of transient power
- Internal Power Supply: Allows direct connection of a NAC 152 XS, NAC 202 or NAC 282 preamplifier
- Analogue Inputs: 1 x 4-pin DIN - We can supply any connection you will need.
- Speaker Outputs: 4mm “banana” sockets
- Power Cord: Detachable IEC type can and should be upgraded.
- Power Input: 230V AC/50Hz (Australia)
- Power Consumption: 11VA (quiescent)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 87 x 432 x 87 x 314mm
- Carton Dimensions (H x W x D): 240 x 590 x 500mm
- Nett Weight: 11.6kg
- Gross Weight: 14.2kg
- Front: Brushed and black anodised
- Case: Black powder coated
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years.
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.