Oppo PM-3 (Black)
A Headphone Fashion Statement, Planar Magnetic Technology, Closed Back Portable Design
Natural Sound Quality, High Sensitivity, Plush Padding & Lightweight
Last Pair - Open Box
The OPPO PM-3's are an engaging Planar Magnetic Headphone with the style and portability you’ve been looking for. A portable 'tour de force' that also makes sweet music in your home.
The OPPO PM-3 combines true audiophile performance, elegant styling, noise isolation and portability into a pair of sleek lightweight Planar Magnetic headphones. With the PM-3, users can easily recreate the experience of listening to a pair of flagship headphones on a flagship amplifier or a high quality 2-channel speaker system in an optimised listening room, but in a portable form factor that could be taken anywhere.
Tipping the scale at only 320g, the PM-3 is the world's lightest closed-back planar magnetic headphones. This makes the PM-3 the ideal headphones for a person who is always on the go. Its elegant styling and exquisite workmanship make the headphones a pleasure to wear in public, and its light weight and exceptional comfort make it easy to listen for hours on end. The closed-back nature of the PM-3 provides isolation from the outside world, blocking out the surrounding noise while avoiding sound leakage from the headphones.
Planar Magnetic Technology: The OPPO PM-3 utilises a planar magnetic driver that is developed from the driver in the EISA award-winning PM-1 headphones. Technological breakthroughs achieved during the PM-1's development, such as the 7-layer double-side voice coil diaphragm design and FEM-optimised neodymium magnet system, have enabled OPPO to reduce the weight of the planar magnetic drivers while maintaining excellent sound quality and high sensitivity. This driver would not have been possible without the breakthroughs achieved in the PM-1's driver design.
In the PM-3's planar magnetic driver, sound is generated by a very thin and light diaphragm which is driven in a symmetric pull-push manner, and the magnetic system and conductor patterns have been optimized for maximum sensitivity and consistency. This allows the diaphragm to generate very stable and linear piston-like vibrations, ensuring phase coherence and high resolution performance with minimal distortion.
The PM-3 driver's smaller size and high sensitivity overcome the shortcomings of traditional planar magnetic technology such as being difficult to drive and heavy weight. This all-new 55 mm diameter round driver is especially suitable for a lightweight close-back design like the PM-3. The PM-3 maintains the very natural and smooth sound signature of the PM-1, and is tuned to have deep, tight bass and a touch of excitement.
A Closer Look
Click here to learn more about OPPO Planar Magnetic technology.
Main Features & Specifications
- Acoustic Design Principle: Closed back
- Driver Type: Planar Magnetic
- Driver Size (Round): 55 mm
- Magnet System: Symmetric push-pull neodymium
- Frequency Response: 10Hz- 50kHz
- Long-Term Max Input Power: 500 mW according to IEC 60268-7
- Pulse Max Input Power: 2 Watts
- Ear Coupling: Circumaural (Over Ear)
- Nominal Impedance: 26 Ohm
- Sensitivity: 102 dB in 1mW
- Cable: 1 x 3 metre detachable cable (3.5mm jack with 6.3mm adapter)
- Optional Cable: 1.2 metre detachable cable with microphone & inline remote (3.5mm jack) sold separately
- Cable Connectors: Output: 3.5mm stereo mini jack; Input: 6.3mm stereo jack, 3.5mm stereo jack
- Nett Weight: 320 grams (without cable)
- Included Accessories: Carrying Case; 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter; User Manual
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years.
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.