Ortofon 2M 78 Stylus
For 78 rpm Records And Ortofon 2M Series Moving Magnet Cartridges Only.
No Need To Rebalance Tonearm.
Made In Denmark.
Ortofon are the great grandfathers of the Phono Cartridge business. Everything is Made In Denmark and made to a standard, not just a price!
The 2M series were developed in conjunction with Danish designer Møller Jensen Design – the same designer who designed the award winning MC Jubilee and Kontrapunkt series. Inspired by the facets of a diamond, whose contours gracefully trace the grooves on a record’s surface, the 2M’s handsome elegance establishes a great combination of form and functionality.
Physically 2M styli will fit on alternative 2M cartridges bodies, but 2M Series cartridges’ engines, coils and magnets configurations are not quite identical: Red and Blue are identical, so are the Bronze and Black and so are the true mono variants 2M Mono and 2M 78.. Simply extract the stereo stylus and install the 78 stylus. No need to rebalance the tonearm each and every time you use it. Of course you will need a 2M series cartridge and a turntable that has a 78rpm speed selector.
The Ortofon philosophy is to play the record sound as accurate as possible, without colouring the sound. They have optimised the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, weight and size to fit the most common turntables at the market today.
The name 2M was selected among several ideas. They wanted a modern name which should be easy to pronounce and to remember, and therefore an alpha numerical name was chosen. 2M means MM, which is the abbreviation for moving magnet.
Replacement Stylus: This description is for an original Ortofon 2M 78 Stylus.
Main Features & Specifications
- Frequency range -3dB: 20-22kHz
- Frequency Response: 20-20kHz + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking Ability At 315Hz At Recommended Tracking Force: 70 µm
- Compliance/Dynamic/Lateral: 18 µm/mN
- Stylus Type: Conical/Spherical
- Equivalent Stylus Tip Mass: 0.5 mg
- Tracking Force Range: 1.6 - 2.0 grams
- Tracking Force: Optimal 1.8 grams
- Tracking Angle: 20°
- Stylus Colour: Grey
- Recommended For Following Ortofon Cartridges: 2M Red; 2M Blue; 2M Bronze and 2M Black
- Warranty: 90 days. Excludes damage to cantilever, so take care installing.
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.