Ortofon 2M Blue Stylus
Genuine New Ortofon Replacement
Nude Elliptical Diamond
Suits 2M Red or 2M Blue
Made In Denmark
Stock Arriving Early January
Ortofon are the great grandfathers of the Phono Cartridge business. Everything is Made In Denmark and made to a standard, not just a price!
The 2M series were developed in conjunction with Danish designer Møller Jensen Design – the same designer who designed the award winning MC Jubilee and Kontrapunkt series. Inspired by the facets of a diamond, whose contours gracefully trace the grooves on a record’s surface, the 2M’s handsome elegance establishes a great combination of form and functionality.
All the 2M Series are designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove. The Ortofon philosophy is to play the record sound as accurate as possible, without colouring the sound. They have optimised the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, weight and size to fit the most common turntables at the market today.
The name 2M was selected among several ideas. They wanted a modern-name which should be easy to pronounce and to remember, and therefore an alpha numerical name was chosen. 2M means MM, which is the abbreviation for moving magnet. The 2M series of cartridges feature Ortofon’s trademark split pole pins, an invention which enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response, as with a moving coil cartridge. Split pole pins were invented by Ortofon, and were originally presented in the 500 series and Super OM series. The 2M Blue uses an improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5mV.
Replacement Stylus: This description is for an original Ortofon 2M Blue Stylus. Price includes delivery in Australia.
Main Features & Specifications
- Frequency range 20-25,000 Hz
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz + 2 / - 1 dB
- Tracking Ability At 315Hz At Recommended Tracking Force: 80 µm
- Compliance - Dynamic, lateral: 20 µm/mN
- Stylus Type: Nude Elliptical
- Stylus Tip Radius: r/R 8/18 µm
- Equivalent Stylus Tip Mass: 0.5 mg
- Tracking Force Range: 1.6 - 2.0 grams
- Tracking Force: Optimal 1.8 grams
- Tracking Angle: 20°
- Stylus Colour: Blue
- Recommended For Following Ortofon Cartridges: 2M Red or 2M Blue
- Warranty: 90 days. Excludes damage to cantilever, so take care when installing
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.