Ortofon MC Cadenza Blue Moving Coil Cartridge
Moving Coil Cartridge with Nude FG 70 Diamond Stylus on a Ruby cantilever
Cadenza Blue Adds More Dynamics and Resolution, Sounds More Open and Reproduces More Details
Designed & Made In Denmark
The Ortofon Cadenza Blue moving coil phono cartridge adds more dynamics and resolution compared to the Cadenza Red and also sounds more open and reproduces more detail.
Cadenza (from Italian: meaning cadence) refers to a portion of a concert in which the orchestra stops playing, leaving the soloist to play alone in free time, without a strict, regular pulse. A cadenza can be written or improvised. It’s usually the most elaborate and virtuosic part the solo instrument plays during the whole piece. At the end of the cadenza, the orchestra re-enters, and generally finishes off the movement.
During the 19th century, composers began to write cadenzas out in full. Others wrote cadenzas for works, where the composer had intended for the solo to be improvised, in order for the soloist to have a well formed solo that they could practice in advance. Some of these have become so widely played and sung that they are effectively a part of the standard repertoire.
Ortofon are constantly looking for new technology to be used in their products and push the performance of existing technology. Thus they assure the highest level of performance and quality. The Ortofon Kontrapunkt models and MC Jubilee became market standards and are among their most popular cartridges. Nevertheless Ortofon decided to develop a new cartridge series that is even more ambitious.
By carefully implementing cobalt-iron pole pieces, new improved winding process on the armature, using extruded aluminium housing in the models as well as other changes, they have been able to reveal new possibilities in extracting the analogue information.
True Blue! Ortofon Cadenza Blue phono cartridge is true to the music and delivers tremendous clarity. It is also exceptional value for money. The Cadenza Blue model is using a Nude FG 70 stylus with a very thin ruby cantilever. The coils are made from 6NX (99.9999 %) pure silver wire. An improved winding process on the armature allows a better channel balance. The soundstage of Cadenza Blue is wide open and grandiose straight out of the box. Micro dynamic and ambience will be evident when listening to complex compositions. It reaches a very high degree of definition in the perspective, which is very present.
In The News
"...if you want a cartridge to give you detail, space, integrity and vitality and fresh insights into every old-favourite LP you put on, the Cadenza Blue will do just fine..." Hi-Fi News March 2010 Reviewed by Steve Harris
Main Features & Specifications
- Output voltage at 1 kHz 5 cm/sec - 0.5 mV
- Channel balance - < 1.2 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - > 23 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - > 15 dB
- Frequency range at -3 dB - 20 - 50.000Hz
- Frequency response 20-20.000 Hz - +2/-1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommended tracking force *) - 80 μm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 12 μm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude FG 70 on Ruby cantilever
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 6/70 μm
- Tracking force range - 2.2-2.7 g (22-27 mN)
- Tracking force recommended - 2.5 g (25 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20º
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 5 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance - 50-200 Ohm
- Cartridge body material - Stainless Steel Aluminium
- Cartridge colour - Blue/Black
- Cartridge weight - 10.7 g
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years Against Manufacturing & Materials Defects
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.