Ortofon MC Quintet Red Moving Coil Cartridge
Moving Coil Cartridge with Elliptical Diamond Stylus
Quintet Red has an Open, Dynamic Sound with a Slight Touch of Warmth
Designed & Made In Denmark
The Ortofon Quintet Red Moving Coil Cartridge is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth.
Nothing demonstrates Ortofon’s long-standing resilience more than its commitment to the refinement of analogue sound quality and its continued development of new cartridge models. Since 1948 Ortofon has introduced about 100 different moving coil models, with the latest being the Quintet Series.
Ortofon believe the cartridges in this new series are more than worthy successors to the long line of models that has made Ortofon the global leader in the manufacture and supply of phono cartridges.
The MC Quintet Series is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without colouration. A special ABS (Acrylonitrile/Butadiene/Styrene) thermoplastic material is used for manufacturing of the body. This light-weight, impact resistant material is very suitable for injection-moulding and provides a very durable scratch resistant surface. Neodymium magnets are implemented to achieve an optimal output and low internal impedance makes the cartridge less sensitive to load and therefore ensures compatibility with the widest range of preamps and transformers.
Enter the Exclusive world of Ortofon’s famous moving coil sound!: The Quintet Red is a perfect introduction to the world of Ortofon moving coils. It features an Elliptical diamond which is cut and polished to Ortofon’s standards. This entry-level MC cartridge has very high price-to-performance ratio and is a perfect all-rounder for the newcomers to the world of Moving Coil cartridges. MC Quintet Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth.
Ease Of Use: Top-mounting of the Quintet cartridges is easy and secure using the screws supplied. The aluminium frame has threaded mounting holes and is fitted easily with the 5mm or 7mm screws depending on the thickness of the head shell.
The Quintet series’ right angles, straight lines, stylus visibility and ample distance between the record surface and the cartridge’s bottom will make it easy to mount and align the cartridge and tonearm correctly. The Quintet Series gives excellent results with most common tonearms.
Main Features & Specifications
- Output voltage at 1 kHz 5 cm/sec - 0.5 mV
- Channel balance - < 1.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - > 21 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - > 14 dB
- Frequency range at -3 dB - 20 - 25.000Hz
- Frequency response 20-20.000 Hz - +/-2.5 dB
- Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommended tracking force *) - 65 μm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 15 μm/mN
- Stylus type - Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/18 μm
- Tracking force range - 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN)
- Tracking force recommended - 2.3 g (23 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20º
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 7 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance - >20 Ohm
- Cartridge body material - ABS/Aluminium
- Coil wire material - Copper
- Cartridge colour - Red
- Cartridge weight - 9 g
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years Against Manufacturing & Materials Defects
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.