Paradigm Cinema 100CT
Complete 5.1 System Including: 5 x 100 Series Satellites. 1 x 100 Watt Subwoofer
Awesome Performance In A Compact Home Theatre Speaker Package, Designed In Canada
Paradigm recently introduced a modernised and reference-series-infused Surround Sound Speaker system - the 100CT.
For those new to Paradigm, they are a worldwide leader in speaker design and manufacturing. The new Cinema speakers, are an update on the previous CT110 entry-point systems that will put fear into the hearts of other brand compact Surround Surround Sound systems everywhere. Trickle-down technologies from the acclaimed Paradigm Reference lines combined with upgraded crossovers and a complete cabinet redesign, best-in-class build materials make the new Cinema speakers a perfect entry point for aspiring audiophiles and home theatre enthusiasts.
Lot's Of Technology In Small Package: Do not confuse the 100CT with typical no-name HTiB's - Home Theatre In Box! Reengineered and redesigned from head to toe, Starting with build materials, Paradigm infused Cinema speakers with Reference-quality crossovers, S-PAL satin-anodised pure-aluminium dome tweeters and wire-mesh tweeter guards with WaveGuideTM technology borrowed from the Reference Signature series, which encourage wide and spacious dispersion while protecting the sensitive dome surface. Mineral-filled polypropylene bass/midrange cones with added mineral content stiffen cone composition. Across the series, acoustic achievements include: lower frequency extension, flat response curves, further reduced distortion, sustained sensitivity and improved full dispersion.
Great Style: Aesthetically, Cinema speakers include new curved and sculpted acoustic suspension cabinets with industrial high-gloss finish, offering a modern appeal. Push-through binding posts with new Easy-Glide wire channels allow for painless installation and banana plug access. For placement flexibility without sacrificing performance, Paradigm equipped new Cinema with the EasyMount™ wall-mounting system (and contemporary tabletop stand option - Cinema 100 only). Cinema speakers also feature removable self-aligning StayTight™ magnetic grilles (excluding Cinema 100) for fit-like-a-glove contact and perfect alignment.
Punchy Subwoofer: While speakers get the most attention, the low-frequency contributions of the Cinema Sub are not to be ignored. With a dramatically increased dynamic range over the last Cinema Sub, this subwoofer features an 8” high-excursion driver made of polymer composite, capable of producing 300 watts Dynamic Peak and 100 watts RMS sustained. The Cinema Sub is included in the Cinema 100 CT system or available a la carte and allows for two different placement options: gloss side up or cloth side up depending on your aesthetic preference.
“The original Cinema line was priced competitively with big box store compact theatre systems but offered customers a substantial improvement in audio performance,” says Mark Aling, director of marketing for Paradigm. “Once people realised high-performance audio was available at such tremendous value, Paradigm assumed a leadership role in the audio industry. We are confident our new Cinema line will continue that legacy.” We fully endorse Mark's comments!
Main Features & Specifications
- Satellite Design: 2-driver, 2-way acoustic suspension. stand-mounted/wall-mounted
- Crossover: 2nd-order electro-acoustic at 1.8 kHz
- High-Frequency Driver: 25-mm (1 in) S-PALTM satin-anodised pure-aluminum dome, ferro-fluid damped and cooled
- Bass/Midrange Driver: 102-mm (4 in) mineral-filled polypropylene cone, 25-mm (1 in) high-temperature voice coil, advanced motor structures and oversized ferrite magnets
- Low-Frequency extension: 85 Hz (DIN)
- Frequency response: On-axis: ±2 dB from 125 Hz – 20 kHz; 30° off-axis: ±2 dB from 125 Hz – 15 kHz
- Sensitivity – room / anechoic: 88 dB / 85 dB
- Suitable amplifier power range: 15 – 100 watts
- Maximum input power: 50 watts
- Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 122 x 212 x 157 mm
- Weight (unpacked): 1.8 kg per speaker (with stand)
- Design: Single driver, bass reflex, high-velocity low-turbulence resistive ports, built-in amplifier, flexible positioning: gloss side up or cloth side up with feet
- Amplifier: High-Current Discrete output: 300 Watts Dynamic Peak 100 watts RMS Sustained
- Amplifier Features: Auto-on; standby; soft clipping
- Bass Driver: 1 x 210mm (8") high-excursion reinforced co-polymer polypropylene composite cone, 38-mm (1-1/2 in) voice coil
- Low-Frequency Extension: 32 Hz (DIN)
- Subwoofer Cut-off Frequency: Variable 35 Hz – 150 Hz; bypass option
- Sub / Sat Phase Switch: Variable 0° or 180°
- Line-LeveL input: Two RCA (L/R-Mono) for L/R lineout or Sub-Out/LFE-Out of receiver/processor or other line-level source
- Dimensions: (W x H x D gloss side up, height is with feet): 322 x 342 x 322 mm
- Weight (unpacked): 9.7 kg
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE