Paradigm Prestige 85F Speakers (Walnut)
Powerful, Musical, Organic Sound, Impeccable Cabinet Fit & Finish
All Aluminium Driver Lineup, 4-driver, 2-1/2 Way Design
Designed & Crafted In Canada
The Paradigm 85F Prestige loudspeakers use all aluminium drivers to achieve a musical organic sound in a simple but timeless hand crafted cabinet design with fit and finish second to none.
Prestige 85F floorstanding speakers utilise 2.5-way crossover technology to greatly improve off-axis performance (for listeners not positioned directly in front of the sweet spot) and boost deep bass dynamics. This leap in acoustic performance is based in utilising all three woofers at low frequencies, while the bass/midrange covers voice and musical instruments without the necessity of "crossing over" to the dedicated midrange.
Respect For The Original Source: When was the last time you heard music performed live? Whether it’s in a spacious concert hall, an airy amphitheatre or an intimate club, live music is the ultra entertainment experience. Artists on a tightrope, no net, playing flat out; using their whole being to generate emotion and excitement. Audiences up on their feet, dancing; or riveted in place by virtuosity. Music is a living thing, born in the studio and on stage—growing, expanding, taking over the world. It takes an extraordinary level of loudspeaker performance to reproduce that thrilling experience in the comfort of your home. That’s the goal of the Paradigm Prestige Series. And like the most effective live performances, Prestige achieves its goal with simplicity, technology and the application of a talented human touch. Whether you seek a more lifelike realization of your music sources, or you want a truly earthshaking home theatre experience, the Prestige Series offers you the best seat in the house (the one in your own living room)!
Prestige is Paradigm Refined: With a new, unobstructed look: clean, sharp lines, with close attention paid to the smallest details. These loudspeakers don’t rely on gimmicks.
Prestige is Smart Engineering: Harnessing cutting-edge new technologies, like our next generation X-PAL pure-aluminium drivers along with our exclusive Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA) Tweeter Lens that protects the delicate tweeter dome and acts as the Phase Plug, blocking out-of-phase frequencies for smoother, extended high frequencies with incredible detail and higher output.
Prestige is an Authentic, Handcrafted Piece of Art: Designed, engineered, and fully Crafted in Canada, by people who love great audio (just like you). From the precise workmanship of the non-resonant cabinets to their beautiful premium-grade finishes, Prestige is truly hand-built for performance.
Craftsmanship: Prestige cabinets are designed, engineered, and Crafted in Canada specifically to enhance audio performance and complement your listening space. Constructed of heavy duty, non-resonant 19mm (¾") MDF with optimally placed interior bracing and an enhanced 25mm (1") MDF baffle design, each Prestige cabinet features sharp lines, clean aesthetics and industry-leading premium-grade finishes. The innovative rear-mounted tweeter and driver housing completely hides front baffle hardware. Drivers are secured with our SHOCK-MOUNT™ Isolation Mounting System to a reinforced 25mm (1") MDF baffle, which reinforces rigidity and cabinet strength while eliminating unwanted cabinet resonances that interfere with the sound. The low profile, acoustically transparent grille attaches magnetically for a stylishly stealthy front presentation. Floorstanding models benefit from a rigid polished stainless steel and aluminium base that isolates and defeats performance-altering vibrations. The bases feature reversible foot options for hard and soft flooring.
Prestige cabinets are offered in a variety of beautiful premium-grade finishes: Walnut and Black Walnut have a smooth satin finish with distinctive wood figuring. Midnight Cherry and Piano Black feature a luxurious hand-rubbed, high-gloss finish.
Innovation & Technology: For over 30 years, Paradigm has set the precedent for innovation and technology in loudspeaker manufacturing. The new Prestige Series builds on this history by combining new technologies with smart engineering that provides astonishing performance at an incredible value—all completely crafted in their Canadian facility.
Prepare to be impressed and astonished.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: 4-driver, 2-1/2 way floorstanding
- Crossover: 2nd order electro-acoustic at 2.0kHz (tweeter/mid); 2nd order @400Hz (mid/bass)
- Frequency Response On-Axis: ±2dB from 40Hz - 20kHz
- Frequency Response 30° Off-Axis: ±2dB from 40Hz - 17kHz
- High Frequency Driver: 1" (25mm) X-PAL dome, ferro-fluid damped / cooled, Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA) Tweeter Lens, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) optimized pole piece assembly
- Mid/Bass Frequency Driver: 1 x 165mm X-PAL driver, overmolded Active Ridge Technology (ART) surround, SHOCK-MOUNT Isolation Mounting System, 37mm high-temp voice coil
- Low Frequency Driver: Two 165mm X-PAL driver, overmolded Active Ridge Technology (ART) surround, SHOCK-MOUNT Isolation Mounting System, 37mm high-temp voice coil
- Low Frequency Extension: 24 Hz (DIN)
- Sensitivity Room / Anechoic: 94 dB / 91 dB
- Impedance: Compatible with 8 Ohms
- Suitable Amplifier Power Range: 15 - 350 Watts
- Maximum Input Power: 200 Watts (Clean, undistorted power)
- Finishes: Gloss Piano Black, Midnight Cherry, Walnut, Black Walnut & Gloss White
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1043 × 308 × 376mm Includes plinth, feet, grille and terminal cups
- Weight: 26kg each
- Manufacturers Warranty: 5 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE