Rotel RC-1572 MKII Stereo Preamplifier
Fully Featured Preamplifier With Analogue & Digital Inputs
Premium Texas Instruments 32-bit/384kHz Digital To Analogue Converter
Single Ended RCA & Balanced XLR Inputs and Outputs
Optical, Coaxial & USB Digital Inputs, Line Level & MM Phono Analogue Inputs
First Shipment Due Late August
About The Rotel RC-1572 MKII Preamplifier
Affordable high-end begins with the Rotel RC-1572 MKII preamplifier. With a new DAC section and upgraded components in key areas inspired by the acclaimed Rotel Michi series, the RC-1572 MKII has been engineered to provide high-resolution audio performance, yet it is very affordable, as has been the tradition with Rotel electronics for over 60 years.
The Rotel RC-1572 MKII preamplifier includes multiple acoustic upgrades and refinements and is ideal for processing your favourite analogue and digital sources to an even higher level of performance in stunning clarity with a natural, enveloping sound stage.
As an essential component in a Hi-Fi audio stack the RC-1572 MKII’s precision engineering begins with Rotel’s ultra-low noise power supply including a large, in-house manufactured toroidal transformer. The transformer design reduces stray radiated emissions and feeds a bank of slit-foil, low ESR capacitors delivering stable current to all sensitive circuits, reducing noise and distortion with an ultra-quiet noise floor.
A premium Texas Instruments 32-bit Digital to Analog converter (DAC) renders the digital sources supported by custom tuned, proprietary external output filters ensuring the audio is effortlessly presented with exceptional dynamic detail and musical expression.
Analogue, Digital, XLR, aptX and AAC Wireless Bluetooth and Moving Magnet Phono Stage inputs ensure connection to your favourite music sources. Digital media files are supported via a 32-bit/384kHz PC-USB connection supporting MQA and is fully certified Roon Tested for graceful access to the near limitless catalogue of online music.
The RC-1572 MKII is easy to operate using the included remote control and front panel display and automatic power controls, signal sensing, fixed volume settings and tone adjustments optimise customisation settings. RCA, XLR and subwoofer outputs are provided for installation flexibility while the inclusion of ethernet and RS232 ensure simple integration with control systems and software updates.
Bullet Proof Power Supply: Like other Rotel preamplifiers, the RC-1572 MKII’s circuitry draws on a high capacity power supply based on a Rotel custom designed and in-house manufactured toroidal transformer. In addition to providing an abundance of voltage and current for all operating stages, the transformer’s toroidal shape helps prevent stray radiation patterns from corrupting audio signals as they pass through adjacent circuit stages.
Built-In Texas Instruments 32-bit/384 kHz DAC: The RC-1572 MKII’s input section is substantially more flexible than that found in most preamplifiers. In recognition of the predominance of digital sources available today, the RC-1572 MKII has a built-in state of the art Texas Instruments 32-bit/384 kHz digital-to-analogue converter (DAC) and analogue stages of the highest quality. The DAC and surrounding circuitry supports a vast array of digital files including 32-bit/384 kHz PCM & MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) via the USB-B input.
A front panel USB input is provided for easy connection of a wide variety of music storage devices including Apple iPods, iPhones, and iPads while the Bluetooth input supports aptX for superior performance with compatible devices. In addition, two coaxial (RCA) and two optical (Toslink) inputs provide easy connections for LPCM music sources including popular streaming devices with up to 24-bit word lengths sampled at 192 kHz.
Importantly, it is possible to fix the level and set an auto-on option with digital inputs for use with devices that provide their own volume control for convenient “hands-off” use.
Superb for Analogue Sources Too: Traditional analogue sources get the royal treatment from the RC-1572 MKII as well. The built-in high quality MM moving magnet phono stage lets you directly plug in your turntable and start listening to your favourite LPs. No outboard equipment is needed, and the built-in circuitry rivals the performance of many stand-alone phono stages.
Analogue inputs include a pair of balanced XLR connectors that let you get the best out of balanced source components such as the Rotel RCD-1572 CD Player. Three pairs of conventional unbalanced RCA inputs are provided, too.
User convenience features include two 12-volt triggers to control on/off operation of other components, a highly visible VFD display for set-up, internet-based software updates, as well as RS232 and IP control capabilities.
Our Take On The Rotel RC-1572 MKII Preamplifier
Inspired by their top of the range Michi series, Rotel has added some special sauce to the RC-1572 MKII Preamplifier. Versatility is key with the RC-1572 MKII offering analogue, digital, XLR, aptX and AAC wireless Bluetooth and moving magnet phono stage inputs ensuring this masterful preamp is able to competently handle all your favourite music sources. With its wonderful new Texas Instruments 32-bit/384 kHz DAC and a host of upgraded components in key areas the RC-1572 MKII has been engineered to provide super high-resolution audio performance, yet it is very affordable, as has been the tradition with Rotel electronics for over 60 years. The inclusion of MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) decoding and the ability to integrate with Roon is surely icing on the cake. Highly recommended.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: High Resolution Stereo Preamplifier with analogue & digital inputs including Bluetooth
- Premium Texas Instruments 32-bit/384kHz digital to analogue converter
- Custom-Built Toroidal Transformer
- Frequency Response: 10-100,000 Hz (line inputs, ±0.3dB); 20-20,000 Hz (phono input, ±0.3dB); 20-20,000 Hz (digital inputs, ±0.5dB)
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 110 dB (line); 80 dB (phono); 100 dB (digital)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.004%
- Preamplifier Output Level: 1.44 V (at - 20 dB)
- Built-In Bluetooth with high-quality aptX streaming
- Support for MQA and MQA Studio files
- Fully Certified Roon Tested
- Dimmable front-panel display
- Bass & Treble tone controls
- Remote Control
- 4 Single ended stereo RCA inputs
- Dedicated phono input for turntables with moving magnet cartridges
- Balanced stereo XLR input and output
- 2 Optical digital and 2 Coaxial digital inputs (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- USB Type-B input for connecting a computer (PCM up to 32-bit/384kHz resolution)
- USB Type-A port on front panel handles audio signals from an iPod®, iPhone®, or iPad®
- USB Type-A port on rear panel for device charging only
- Stereo RCA preamp output
- Stereo XLR preamp output
- Dual mono RCA subwoofer outputs
- Front panel 3.5mm headphone output
- Rotel Link input/output
- Allows connected Rotel products to communicate with each other and be controlled via the Rotel app
- 3.5mm IR input
- Dual 3.5mm 12-volt trigger outputs
- Ethernet port connects the amp to your home network for software updates and integration with 3rd-party control systems
- RS-232 port for use with home automation control systems like RTI, Crestron etc
- Available Finishes: Black & Silver
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 431 x 99 x 338 mm
- Weight: 8.4kg
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE