Sonos Beam Gen 2 Soundbar
Compact Smart TV Soundbar with Dolby Atmos & HDMI eARC
Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant Voice Control
Add Wireless Rears & Wireless Sub for full Home Theatre Surround Sound
Stream To Every Room in your House with Other Sonos Speakers
About The Sonos Beam Gen 2 Soundbar
The Sonos Beam Gen 2, now with Dolby Atmos and eARC HDMI, is the smart, compact Soundbar for your TV. Whether it’s settling back for a spot of TV, getting fully involved in the latest blockbuster movie or chilling to your favourite music the Sonos Beam Gen 2 has the smarts, ease of use and sound quality that brings everything together.
3D Audio with Dolby Atmos: Beam now delivers 3D sound with support for Dolby Atmos so you experience planes as if they were flying overhead, hear footsteps moving across the room, and feel the score all around you.
Enhanced Sound, Same Size: A faster processor delivers more immersive sound with greater depth and clarity. Beam’s improved phased speaker arrays steer and localize sound around the room for a lifelike experience. Now compatible with HDMI eARC on your TV, experience your favourite movies and games in even higher definition sound.
Sleeker Design: Available in white or black, the new polycarbonate grille that’s precisely perforated allows the speaker to sound great and blend seamlessly into your home, just like Sonos Arc. And if you need to wall mount the Beam Gen 2, the existing Beam wall bracket is fully compatible with Beam Gen 2.
Easy, More Secure Set-Up: With just two cables and new NFC capabilities, setup is seamless and will have you listening in minutes. Simply open the Sonos app, follow a few prompts, and tap your phone to activate Beam.
Sustainable Sound: The new Beam features sustainable packaging, including a premium uncoated kraft paper, a gift box made of 97% sustainable paper, and no single use foam.
Wall-To-Wall TV Sound With Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant: The compact Beam Gen 2 shows just what Sonos is capable of at this price point and soundbar size. It's great for music, delivering spacious, detailed sound with Dolby Atmos. And it can be part of a Sonos wireless multi-room audio system. Plus, the Beam Gen 2 has a far-field microphone array using advanced beamforming and multi-channel echo cancellation for quick and accurate voice control of both Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant built-in. So you can operate the sound bar, other Sonos speakers, and all your Alexa & Google compatible devices just by talking to the Beam Gen 2.
Wireless Home Theatre Options: The Beam Gen 2 can be paired wirelessly with a Sonos Sub to create a 3.1 home theatre system. Add a pair of Sonos One speakers as wireless surrounds, and you've got a full 5.1 system for wraparound sound.
The Beam Gen 2 connects to your TV's HDMI eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) port with an included cable. If your TV doesn't have this kind of HDMI connection, Sonos has included an adapter cable for connecting to your television's optical digital output. Either way, you can send sound from your connected TV to other Sonos speakers all around your house.
Voice, Touch, And App Commands Together: Control your Beam Gen 2 any way you like. Tell Alexa or Google to play a track. Pause it with your smartphone. Start it playing again with the speaker's top-mounted control buttons. You have total control of the Beam Gen 2, even when you're not in the room.
Expand To Any (Or Every) Room: Your Beam Gen 2 can be part of a larger multi-room audio system. Place Sonos players like the Sonos One, Roam, Move or the larger Five, in every room where you want to listen to music. You can set up all the players to work on your existing Wi-Fi network.
Trueplay Speaker Tuning For Optimal Sound: If you use your Sonos control app on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, you can use it to fine-tune the Sonos Beam Gen 2 with Sonos's Trueplay feature. It uses the mic built into your device to measure how the sound reflects off your walls and furnishings, and then it adjusts the speaker's settings for the best possible sound.
Our Take On The Sonos Beam Gen 2 Soundbar
When is a soundbar not just a soundbar? The Sonos Beam Gen 2 may be sold as a soundbar but that is selling it way short of what it’s capable of. This could very well be the pivotal product you need to not only deliver immersive surround TV sound but also play all your favourite music, from streaming services or local devices, and also control your home network via Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant voice commands. And with the versatile Sonos speaker range vying for prime place in other rooms in your house a multi-room Sonos sound experience is stunningly easy to achieve. Overall, the multi-talented Beam Gen 2 serves to empower you and put ‘You’ firmly in control, and the way it can be used and expanded upon in your home is really only limited by your imagination. Start with the Sonos Beam Gen 2 and you never know where it might take you.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Compact smart soundbar that plays TV sound, music from the web and digital audio files on your home network
- 5 built-in speakers, each with a Class-D digital amplifier that has been perfectly tuned to the soundbar's unique acoustic architecture.
- Four elliptical mid woofers ensure faithful playback of mid-range frequencies and maximise low-end output.
- One centre tweeter creates a crisp, high-frequency response.
- Three passive radiators enhance low frequencies for balanced, powerful sound.
- The far-field microphone array uses advanced beamforming and multi-channel echo cancellation for quick and accurate voice control.
- AV Audio Types: Stereo PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Atmos (Dolby Digital Plus), Dolby Atmos*, Dolby TrueHD*, Dolby Atmos (True HD)*, Multichannel PCM*, Dolby Multichannel PCM* (*HDMI eARC connection required.) The Sonos app's Now Playing screen will display what type of audio is being decoded.
- Music Audio Types: WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- Wi-Fi: Connect to Wi-Fi with any 802.11b/g/n/ac 2.4 or 5 GHz broadcast-capable router.
- HDMI eARC: Connect to your TV's HDMI eARC/ARC port with the included HDMI cable. If your TV has an optical output only, use the included Sonos Optical Audio Adapter.
- Ethernet Port: 10/100 port for hardwiring to your router.
- Power Supply: Auto-switching 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz AC universal input.
- Infrared (IR) Receiver: Syncs with your TV remote for streamlined control.
- Syncs with your TV remote for streamlined control.
- Pair with a Sonos Sub and a pair of Sonos One speakers for wireless surround sound.
- Sonos S2 App: Download the latest generation of the app for mobile, tablet & computer to set up and control Beam Gen 2.
- Apple AirPlay 2: Works with AirPlay 2 on Apple devices iOS 11.4 and higher.
- Voice Control: Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- LEDs: Lights on the product indicate connection, mute status, microphone activation, and errors.
- CPU: Quad Core 1.4 GHz A-53
- Memory: 1GB SDRAM 4GB NV
- In The Box: Sonos Beam Gen 2, Power Cable, 1.5m HDMI Cable, Optical Audio Adapter, Documentation
- Wall-Mountable: Sonos Beam Bracket available here
- Finish: Matte Black
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 651 x 69 x 100mm
- Weight: 2.8kg
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 1 Year
Note: All specifications subject to change without notice. E&OE.
Sonos Arc SoundbarPriced from $1,379.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,499.00 )
Sonos One Gen 2 Wireless Speaker 2-PackPriced from $598.00 (Normally Regular Price $638.00 )
Sonos Move Wireless SpeakerPriced from $665.00 (Normally Regular Price $699.00 )
Sonos Roam Wireless SpeakerPriced from $299.00
Sonos AmpSpecial Price $1,045.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,099.00 )