Sonos Sub Gen 3 Subwoofer
Sub Gen 3 Features Increased Memory, Processing Power, & New Wireless Capabilities
Two Force-Cancelling Woofers Perfectly Matched To Dual Class-D Amps For Deep, Rich Bass
Use The Sonos S2 App To Set Up & Control
About The Sonos Sub Gen 3 Subwoofer
The Sonos Sub Gen 3 has been masterfully engineered in its third generation. It features the same iconic design and bold bass but is now enhanced with updated internals including increased memory, processing power, and new wireless capabilities.
It is perfect for filling any room with deep, bottomless sound you can feel with your whole body. The Sonos Sub makes it even easier to get incredibly compelling sound in any room of your home. Two force-canceling woofers are positioned face to face in this cutting-edge and stylishly shaped cabinet for loud, crystal-clear bass. The music comes through loud and clear, and none of it is lost in cabinet buzz or rattle. A variety of adjustments can be performed to tailor the sound to your specific room using the Sonos controller app. Whether you're in a room with high ceilings or a small office, the Sonos Sub is ready to bring new bass impact and greater dynamics to your listening experience.
Sub (Gen 3) brings the same iconic design and bold bass with updated internals including increased memory, processing power, and new wireless capabilities. Connect Sub to any Sonos system for a more immersive home theatre and music experience, controlled by the all-new Sonos S2 app. For more information on Sonos S2 please click here.
No Buzz, Just Bass: Two force-cancelling drivers at the centre of Sub face inwards to eliminate vibration and rattle, ensuring all you hear is pure bass, without any distortion.
Lower Lows & Higher Highs: Sub takes over the lowest frequencies, enhancing the midrange playback from paired speakers so you experience fuller, more detailed sound.
Made To Be Seen & Heard: The award-winning and versatile design features a sculptural shape and high-gloss finish. Sub continues to fit perfectly into any space. Stand Sub upright, lay it on its side, or tuck it under the couch without any loss in sound performance.
More Immersive Entertainment: Add more dimension to your home theatre listening when you pair Sub with the all-new Sonos Arc, Beam, Playbar, or Playbase. Enjoy surround sound when you expand your setup with a pair of Sonos Ones or One SLs.
Trueplay For Your Bass: Sonos Trueplay puts the speaker-tuning capability of recording pros in the palm of your hands and optimises the sound for your room.
Controlling Sonos Sub: Use your Apple or Android device to control your Sonos products. Download the free Sonos app and it turns your smart phone or tablet into a fully-fledged Sonos controller. Easily navigate and search through playlists and tracks stored on your computer, or select an Internet radio station or stream from your favourite music service like Spotify, Deezer & Tidal. Create customised playlists on the fly for individual rooms or for playback over your entire Sonos system. You can also mute or adjust the volume of each of your players. Got a desktop computer or laptop? Then use the Sonos Controller for Mac or PC for added control. They all work together seamlessly so mix and match to your hearts content.
Simple & Easy Setup With Automatic Updates
Setting up your Sub is incredibly easy; simply plug it in to the wall power! No technical or wiring expertise required. No speakers or audio equipment to connect. All you need is a high-speed Internet connection and a router to get started. Place the Sub in the room where you want more bass from your Sonos speakers or soundbar and just press the button.
Unlike most other consumer electronic products, the Sub and the entire Sonos system keep getting better even after you buy it. With free automatic software updates you'll always have the newest features and music services to enjoy. Just register your system and Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself. How easy is that!
The Sonos system works seamlessly with a host of Internet-based digital music services, including Internet radio, Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music & Tidal. Internet Radio gives you access to thousands of channels of programming. Some create customised Internet radio streams and all you have to do is enter the name of your favourite song or artist. More good news. Because Sonos connects directly to the Internet for all of these music services, you don't even have to turn on your PC.
Our Take On The Sonos Sub Gen 3 Subwoofer
We are a team of true audio nuts and love with a passion every type of music reproduction from vinyl to the latest in streaming devices. What's more, we were one of the very first stores in Australia approached to sell Sonos (mid 2005) and although they now have expanded with an incredibly comprehensive range of wireless speakers, Sonos never ceases to amaze us. Not only does it have the biggest product range, but it is just so simple to setup and enjoy. Reliable? Let's put it this way. We've sold thousands of pieces and to date have only had a handful of items that were faulty. And yes, even some of our staff have Sonos systems throughout their homes.
What's even more interesting is that Sonos although Sonos make some accessories like brackets, the brand has caused other accessory brands to mushroom with a range of complementary products. The major player is, believe it or not, a UK brand called Flexson. They make a range of high quality wall-brackets and stands for almost the entire Sonos range. Any questions, then give us a call because we really know Sonos!
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Wireless subwoofer for use with Sonos products
- Amplifiers: Two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to the acoustic architecture
- Speakers: Two force-cancelling speakers positioned face-to-face for deeper, richer sound and zero cabinet buzz or rattle
- Dual acoustic ports are precisely tuned to enhance performance
- Frequency Response: Plays down to 25Hz.
- Audio Settings: All filter settings, active equalisation, and time alignment are done digitally through state-of-the-art DSP (digital signal processing) circuitry to automatically equalise and balance Sub with the paired Sonos speaker(s) or component to ensure amazing sound quality. There are also adjustable equalisation settings within the Sonos app for further refinement of the sound.
- Trueplay Software: Dynamically tunes to the unique acoustics of the room. iOS device required.
- Ethernet Port: 1 10/100 Mbps ethernet port. Wire directly to your router if Wi-Fi is unreliable.
- Wi-Fi: Connects to your home Wi-Fi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4 GHz broadcast-capable router.
- Sonos S2: Download the latest generation of the app to set up and control.
- Compatible Devices: For more information on what products the Sub (Gen 3) will work with click here for Sonos S2 information.
- Power Supply: 240 Volts; 50Hz
- Status LED: Indicates the power and connection status
- Join Button: Hold to set up and pair with your system
- Multiple Orientations: Stand upright or lay flat for flexible placement
- Feet: Rubber feet built-in
- Available Finishes: Gloss Black & Gloss White
- Contents: Sonos Sub, Power Cable, QuickStart Guide, Legal & Warranty Information
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 402 x 389 x 158 mm
- Weight: 16kgs
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 1 Year
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE
Sonos Beam Gen 2 SoundbarPriced from $649.00 (Normally Regular Price $699.00 )
Sonos Arc SoundbarPriced from $1,379.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,499.00 )
Sonos Arc Dolby Atmos Entertainment SystemPriced from $2,399.00 (Normally Regular Price $2,598.00 )
Sonos Beam Gen 2 3.1 TV SystemPriced from $1,798.00
Sonos Move Wireless SpeakerPriced from $650.00 (Normally Regular Price $699.00 )