Yamaha R-N303 Receiver; Wharfedale 220 Speakers
Stream your music on this powerful, easy to use system that delivers 5-Star performance and value. There is a built-in AM/FM tuner as well as Wi-Fi. This is teamed with a pair of Wharfedale 220 speakers
Supplied with QED speaker cable
Is this your first decent system? Are you storing your music on your smart-phone or have a Spotify account? The whole idea with our entry-level Hi-Fi systems is (1) deliver high quality sound; (2) use top quality products from the world's best brands and (3) do this at prices that stretch your dollar to the maximum. Our Yamaha and Wharfedale 220 Streaming system is designed for the listener who wants a compact, simple system that sounds exceptionally good and is easy to use.
About Yamaha R-N303 Receiver; Wharfedale 220 Speakers
The heart of the system is the Yamaha R-N303D Network Stereo Receiver, a second generation Hi-Fi Stereo Receiver with support for Yamaha MusicCast - a wireless multi-room audio system. It provides richly resonant, high quality sound from high-resolution sources, streaming services and smartphones as only a Yamaha Hi-Fi component can. The Yamaha R-N303D is also a network music player. You can use it to easily play audio sources downloaded from the Internet and stored on a PC or NAS system. Or, enjoy streaming music services and internet radio (with vTuner). Built for simple and seamless smart device connectivity through Wi-Fi and Bluetooth this Hi-Fi network receiver is also designed with the sophistication of high-resolution audio.
Yamaha, with a long history of over 125 years as a musical instrument maker, also has a high reputation for HiFi components. Yamaha's R-N303 network stereo receiver takes advantage of this rich experience and high technological expertise. Based on the concept of "Natural Sound", for reproducing all music as it really sounds, and built with scrupulous care from circuit design to basic sound production, the R-N303B reproduces high sound quality and musically rich sound.
- Stereo Amplifier: The Yamaha R-N303D features a stereo amplifier rated at 100 Watts per channel, measured from 40-20 kHz into 8 Ohms with 0.2% THD.
- BurrBrown 192kHz/24-Bit DAC:The Yamaha R-N303D uses a high-performance BurrBrown 192kHz/24-bit DAC for high resolution audio playback.
The free MusicCast app can be downloaded for Apple & Android phones & tablets. The MusicCast app puts control of your whole home listening experience in the palm of your hand from your Apple iOS or Android device. You'll be able to quickly select the room or rooms you want to listen to music in, select the source or sources you want to listen to, browse music content from your music library and online music services or Internet Radio, plus control music playback functions. The RN-303D is supplied in Black but can be supplied in Silver at no extra charge but you will need to phone to order and confirm availability. To find out more about the Yamaha R-N303D Network Stereo Receiver click here.
Wharfedale Diamond 220 Speakers
Wharfedale's Diamond 220 bookshelf speakers are THE speakers to have where budget or space are at a premium but good sound quality is demanded. Take it from us, these speakers blow the socks off the competition at this price! Simply put, Wharfedale Diamond is one of Wharfedale's and the world's most successful speaker series ever. The latest series of loudspeakers from Wharfedale that aspires to this tradition is the Diamond 200 with 220 being the 'gun' model in the smaller bookshelf/stand mount category. It is of course a 2-way, 2-driver configuration with the bass driver employing a very stiff and woven kevlar cone with more powerful magnets - a trickle down feature from top-of-the range Wharfedale Jade series.
The Diamond 220 are an upgrade on the very popular Diamond 100 series and in particular the Diamond 121 model. They are not a totally new design, but rather a refinement. This newly developed version of what was already a highly capable loudspeaker sees a number of aesthetic and performance upgrades. It always amazes us how simple improvements can really make a difference. Supplied in Black Ash, but also available in Rosewood, Walnut and White at no extra charge. Please phone to order any of these other colours. They are a stylish bookshelf design, What Hi-Fi? & Hi-Fi World Magazine Award Winner, deliver dynamic sound and are designed in-house in the UK. To find out more about the Wharfedale Diamond 220 Speakers click here.
Pre-Terminated Speaker Cable: QED Profile 79 Strand speaker cable is literally a legend in its own lifetime. It remains the only cable ever to win the prestigious 'Federation Of British Audio Test Of Time' Award. This description is for 2 x 1.5 Metres of QED Profile 79 speaker cable supplied and fitted with UK made 4mm Deltron Banana plugs. This cable is ideal for good quality modestly priced systems like the one featured here. Other lengths and white are also available, so just give us a call on (03) 9874-8233 if you need something different.
This is truly exceptional value but more importantly sounds amazing. The Wharfedale Diamond 220's are not a new design but due to world-wide popularity just keep selling week-in and week-out and have since 2015 when they first became available. This demand has kept the price down to where even we shake our heads and ask how do they do it! Honestly, this is not sales speel, but just how we see it. This is not to say newer model Wharfedale speakers are not good because they also have their characteristics which suit other brands of components. But in the case of the Yamaha RN-303D Network Receiver they are simply a match made in heaven. As this is a system created mainly with the music being sourced digitally via the Internet, we see this as a combination that will appeal to people who source their music in this manner so the 220' speakers with their 130mm bass driver with a woven Kevlar cone really pumps out solid and clean bass.
So, is this system all about the speakers? No. Yamaha have been in the Hi-Fi market (in Australia) since the mid 1970's and from day one set a benchmark that others have tried to equal. It must be remembered that in those days that the European brands were either unreliable or expensive like QUAD. Marantz was probably the only close competitor but some of their mass-market products suffered when taken over for a short period by Superscope. Pioneer and Onkyo also had their ups and downs but Yamaha maintained consistency and it's the same now. With the RN-303D you get a very powerful amplifier delivering 100 Watts per channel which is a little overkill for the Diamond 220's but overkill in this area is nice as it means you've got plenty of 'clean' power available. Of course the other big thing is the features including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet Radio and a DAB+ Tuner. You can connect a compatible Turntable with a built-in or separate Phono stage, but if streaming your music is the main game, and you want performance at a fair price, then this combo is hard to beat. And I almost forgot to say that we're also including a set of QED Profile 79 strand cables so the system is truly simple to get up and going.
Main Features & Specifications
- Receiver: Yamaha RN-303D Network Receiver
- Power Output: 100 Watts RMS per channel (8 Ohms, 40 Hz-20 kHz, 0.2% THD)
- Line Level Inputs: 4 pair RCA inputs/1 pair RCA output
- Phono Input: No. You can use one of the Line Level inputs with a compatible Turntable
- Digital Audio Input: Connect a TV or Blu-ray Disc player
- Speakers A/B: You can connect two pairs of speakers
- Speaker Terminals: Will accept Banana plugs (supplied)
- Subwoofer Output: You can use the Line Level Output
- DAB+ Tuner: Yes, but limited reception so listen via Internet Radio
- Internet Radio: Yes as well as various music streaming services
- Bluetooth: For wireless music streaming and pairing R-N303D and other Bluetooth equipped products
- Wi-Fi: Yes (with Wireless Direct)
- MusicCast Compatible: Yes
- Remote Control: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 141 x 340mm (with antenna up: 435 x 200 x 340mm)
- Net Weight: 7.3 kg
- Speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 220 Bookshelf Speakers
- Enclosure Type: Bass reflex
- Bass Driver: 130mm Woven Kevlar Cone
- Tweeter: 25mm Soft Dome
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 56Hz - 20kHz (+/-3dB)
- Speaker Wire Terminals: Will accept bare wire and banana plugs (included)
- Bi-Wire Capability: Yes
- Finish/Colour: Black ash (imitation) and may be available in imitation Rosewood; Walnut and White.
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 174 x 315 x 227mm
- Net Weight: 5.3kg each
- Speaker Cable: QED 79 Strand Length: 2 x 1.5 metres
- Colour: Black
- Banana Plugs: All speaker cable ends will be terminated with high-quality Deltron UK 4mm banana plugs
- Delivery: Free Australia wide delivery
- Manufacturer's Warranty: Yamaha 2 years; Wharfedale 5 years - does not include misuse
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.